DuPont™ Multi-Use Lubricant with Teflon® Fluoropolymer
This light semi-dry lubricant features a calcium sulfonate thickener and DuPont™ Teflon® fluoropolymer for enhanced wear and corrosion protection. Use to eliminate squeaks, prevent rust and protect moving parts.
- Clean, low-odor film is much more user friendly than conventional heavy oils, and this film will not attract and absorb abrasive contaminants at the same rate as a heavier oil
- Temperature range: provides lubricating qualities at -20°F up to 250°F (-29°C up to 121°C), with intermittent spikes as high as 300°F (149°C)
- Provides superior anti-stick and extreme pressure properties
- Outstanding adhesion and long lubricant life
- Water repelling, protects against rust and corrosion
- O-ring safe and contains no silicones
- Non-staining to most materials, low to no odor. Contains no Prop 65 ingredients
- Very low surface tension; goes on wet to penetrate and evenly coat all frictional surfaces
- Sets up with a clean, low-odor film which can be used indoors or outdoors
- Features DuPont™ Teflon® fluoropolymer to provide enhanced moisture repellency and better protection against abrasive wear
- Silicone-free film
- Formulated with calcium sulfonate to deliver longer lubricant life, higher temperature stability and enhanced rust and corrosion protection
- Precision parts where a very low coefficient of friction is required.
- Parts that need to be re-lubricated and/or are used in extremely cold conditions.
- High moisture applications where other lubricants either quickly wash off or do not provide adequate rust protection
- Parts that need to be coated to prevent rust and corrosion
- High RPM chains like motorcycle, ATV, Go-Kart where conventional heavier oils attract excessive amounts of abrasive contaminants. Multi-Use is O-Ring safe (Note: For chains used in extremely high contaminant environments, please use DuPont™ Chain Saver)
- Motorcycle, ATV and go-cart chains (no fling-off)
- Garage and overhead door chains, springs, rollers and tracks
- Hinges, windows, sliding tracks, locks and latches
- Winches, hitches, ramps, pivots, cams and pulleys
- Threaded parts and rusted bolts
- Heavy-duty zippers
- Fishing reels, RC vehicles and bicycle chains
- Lawn and garden tools and equipment
- NSF H-2 Listed
- Can withstand temperatures up to 300°F (149°C)
NOTE: FORMULATION CHANGE!
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF OCTOBER 2011, THE DUPONT™ MULTI-USE with Teflon® Fluoropolymer DRY, WAX FORMULA WAS MODIFIED. Many of our loyal customers have been purchasing DuPont™ Multi-Use with Teflon® Fluoropolymer for nearly a decade. We recently upgraded the formula to be a semi-dry lubricant no longer featuring the “dirt-resistant, dry-wax” feature. You will notice the most recent cans that appear on shelf do not contain the dry-wax claim on the label. Many users have reached out wondering where their dry-wax formulation went.
If you want to obtain that same dry-wax formulation, you should switch to DuPont™ Chain-Saver with Teflon® Fluoropolymer. This product contains the same Teflon® fluoropolymer, molybdenum and wax mixture that users have come to appreciate for its wear protection, water repellency and dirt resistance.
DuPont™ Chain-Saver Lubricant with Teflon® Fluoropolymer may be found at Wal-Mart (1,400 stores nationwide — check availability online). Northern Tool, Mills Fleet Farm, online at www.MidwayAutoSupply.com and at many specialty motorcycle shops (through Tucker Rocky distribution).